I’m just going to come right out and say it – I LOVE boozy desserts! If there’s booze in it, count me in!
Exhibit A – Mojito Doughnuts. Loves it!!
Exhibit B – Vanilla Bourbon Bundt Cake. Um. Hello yumminess!
As you can see, I even add it to my fruit. A bit of Moscato in a Fruit Salad never hurt anybody. Promise. It only made them happier.
No, don’t worry, I’m not hitting the bottle… I’m a lightweight. Two glasses and I’m down for the night.
Given the previous set of facts, allow me to tell you just how fantastic this Moscato Fruit Salad was – the hubs and I were fork-fighting for the last grape.
It also helped that I had sprinkled a ton of bleu cheese on top. YUM!
I made it again the next day for a get-together and everyone loved it.
What you don’t realize is how hard the booze hits you because the salad is so sweet. But you know what they say – the sweeter the drink … um… the stronger the result?! I forgot the quote. Having a Jessica Simpson moment…again. ;-P
Now is as good time as any for you to go get your grapes, peaches, berries, and whatever else you’ve got hiding in that fruit bowl, and let’s get them drunk!
|Moscato Fruit Salad||
- 1 cup green grapes
- 1 cup red grapes
- 2 small white peaches, sliced
- ½ cup blueberries
- 1 cup blackberries
- 1 cup quartered strawberries
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup Moscato Wine
- Lettuce Leaves
- Bleu Cheese or Feta Cheese (optional)
- Combine all fruit in a large mixing bowl that has a lid.
- Sprinkle sugar on top and gently stir in the Moscato.
- Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Layer lettuce leaves on a large plate.
- Drain fruit and transfer to plate.
- Sprinkle with cheese.