Last week I was THRILLED to be a part of the Easter Egg Hunt with Aimee from It’s Overflowing! Aimee invited her friends and followers to be part of this fantastically fun project, and I joined in! I had the opportunity to meet Aimee at The Glitter Academy a few weeks ago and she’s just the sweetest gal around! I knew I wanted to be a part of whatever she was workin’ on!
There are a TON of EGG-cellent ideas from the series, featuring a number of beautiful bloggy gals! Go check it out and get some great ideas and inspiration!
With all the OMBRE love going on in the design world, for my contribution, I thought it would be fun to give it a try with Easter Eggs.
What you’ll need:
- Hard Boiled Eggs
- Food Coloring
- Hot Water
- Egg Holder (I used a small ladle)
And the steps:
- Lay out 4 cups for dipping the eggs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of white vinegar to each cup.
- Add 3/4 cup of HOT water to each cup.
- Then, vary the amount of food coloring you add to each cup, increasing it from the first to the last. I chose to use 10 drops, 1/8 tsp, 1/4 tsp, and 1/2 tsp.
- Then starting with the first cup with the least amount of coloring and dip the egg all the way in.
- With the second cup, only dip the egg 3/4 of the way in, the third cup 1/2 of the way in, and the last one only 1/4 of the way end so only the bottom of the egg is in the darkest colored water.
- You may have to play with how long you dip the egg in each cup to determine how dark you want the result.
I chose to repeat this process with three different colors and I love how they turned out! Just so cute and full of Spring-y fun! I can’t wait to see what everyone else came up with! Again, I really appreciate Aimee allowing us to be part of this fun event!