Tag – you’re it! Well I’ve seen this fun little meme floating around blogland, and I was tagged by Shannon from Rock Paper Scissors Create, so I figured it might be fun to play along!
- Post these rules
- You must post 11 random things about yourself
- Answer the questions set for you in the post you were tagged in
- Create 11 new questions for your tagees to answer
- Tag them on Twitter, Facebook or your blog
11 Random Things About Me
- I’m a native Arizonan. Yup, born and raised. If you live here, you know that’s not common.
- I’m a sucker for roses. The basic red, cliche…romantic ones!
- I love football, for reals. Though more in August than in February (it’s a long season, haha).
- I collect vintage Pyrex. Though if you’re not new here, you probably figured that out! I’m currently trying to figure out how best to display it in our home.
- I love Neil Diamond. That’s my Dad’s doing. He is the soundtrack to many of my best memories from childhood. And I’m going to his concert with my Dad this August, can’t wait!
- I’m obsessed with traveling. Well not as much these days with two little ones, but I’ve been blessed to have visited a number of fun places…and there are so many more on my list.
- I’m a lifelong student. I have a bachelor’s in Finance and MBA in International Business. I feel like if you’re not learning, you’re dying. I dabble in everything and love trying new things (including blogging!).
- I just had to turn on the number counter in the text editor to see what number I’m on. Hey, I never said I was good at counting!
- I’m a coffee addict. More appropriately, a Starbucks addict. And I love that my local baristas are just as excited as I am when I take a free drink coupon in (yes, I’m there that often).
- I’m a planner to the core. My career is in Project Management for a software consultant. I love it. I also love planning parties or anything else I can get my hands on.
- I LOVE having two boys. Wouldn’t trade it for the world.
Here are my answers to Shannon’s 11 Questions
- Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4. || All the books around me are kids books! The closest one with 18 pages says “Who’s playing in the swimming pool?”
- Tell me something about you that most people don’t know. || I’m allergic to walnuts
- What color is your bedroom carpet? || Tan
- What’s the farthest-away place you’ve been? || Australia
- What do you do most when you are bored? || Read blogs and waste time on Pinterest
- Where did you grow up? || Arizona
- What are some of the different jobs that you have had in your life? || I worked at my parent’s Water & Ice store (if you’re in Phoenix, you likely know what that is), Accounting/Finance at Bank of America, Project Manager at Unicon
- What Inspires You? || Anything, everything…sometimes inspiration comes in the most unlikely of places
- Do you go to church? || Hmm, long and tough story. Short version is that we currently don’t have a church home but I always have and always will have a close relationship with God.
- Do you color your hair? || ALWAYS! Not because I have to, but because I love to. Love that shiny, just dyed look.
- If you’re in your yard, what are you most likely to be doing? || Playing with our new puppy, Hope. She’s a Rottweiler/Dachshund mix (don’t ask), and she’s stinking adorable!
Here are my 11 Questions
- What band are you most embarrassed to have on your iPod or mp3 player?
- What is your favorite kind of food?
- Dishes in your dishwasher: dirty or clean?
- Early bird or “night owl”? Hehe!
- Where’s your dream vacation spot?
- Do you prefer text or a phone call?
- Do you have a celebrity crush?
- Team Peeta or Team Gale? (sorry, I had to)
- What are you afraid of?
- Do you play any instruments (or used to)?
- Do you prefer books or movies?
Coincidentally I also received more love from fellow bloggers this week (Chrissy from My Dear Watson, and Apples and Peanut Butter) by being given the Leibster Award. This award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers, as a way of creating new connections. Liebster is German and means ‘dearest’ or ‘beloved’ but it can also mean ‘favorite’. When you receive the award, you then pass it onto 5 other deserving bloggers as a way to pay it back and spread the love. How cool is that?
So, go show these blogs some love, they deserve it. And thank you, Chrissy and Apples and Peanut Butter!
Rules for passing on the Liebster Blog Award (unless you just passed to me):
- Choose 5 up and coming blogs to award to with less than 200 followers.
- Show your appreciation to the blogger who awarded you by linking back to them.
- Post the award on your blog.
- Link back to the blogs you are awarding to so that everyone else can pay them a visit.