Hello friends and welcome to the first installation of the Food Fun Hop, an event hosted by Shy Babies & Little Inspiration! These events will introduce you to fabulous finds that we (30+ bloggers) get to use to create kitchen masterpieces and share our thoughts and experiences!
Our first sponsor is Wholly Guacamole. Now I know that for many of the other bloggers participating in this fun event, this was the first time they have used Wholly Guacamole. Not this gal! Living in Arizona, I have to say that Mexican food is a family staple. But if you know me, you know I don’t have hours to spend in the kitchen so there are many areas where I look for quality products to supplement our meals. And Wholly Guacamole is certainly one of them. Their products are delicious, authentic and fresh, and are the perfect addition to tacos, enchiladas, or carne asada…which are commonplace in our household. And NOW they are coming out with a new line of products, Wholly Salsa, which is a selection of diverse and exciting salsas to appeal to a variety of tastes! Take a look at this Wholly Salsa package we received:
At this point we’ve tried most and have not been disappointed! And there’s something for everyone. Can’t handle the spicy? The Classic Mild is tasty and was a big hit with the kiddos. Like a little kick? The Classic Hot is just that, HOT! But when I came across the Avocado Verde, I was in Heaven. So tasty! So I used this salsa in the Guacamole Chicken Chilaquiles recipe that I’ll now share with you…
|Wholly Guacamole Chicken Chilaquiles||
- Wholly Guacamole Avocado Verde Salsa
- Bag of Tortilla Chips
- 3-4 Chicken Breasts
- Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- Can of Diced Green Chilies
- Bag of Mexican Style Cheese
- Wholly Guacamole (Opt. Garnish)
- Sour Cream (Opt. Garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken breast into small pieces and cook thoroughly in medium-high skillet.
- Mix Wholly Guacamole Avocado Verde Salsa, cream of chicken soup, and green chilies in small bowl.
- Once chicken is cooked thoroughly, add the Avocado Verde Salsa mixture to the pan and heat through.
- Line the bottom of a casserole dish with tortilla chips.
- Add a layer of cheese then cover with chicken and Avocado Verde Salsa mixture.
- Add another layer of cheese and bake at 350 for 10 minutes.
- While chilaquiles are baking, cook eggs (1 per serving) per your taste (we prefer over easy, but know many who enjoy fried or scrambled).
- Remove pan from the oven and plate a serving of the chilaquiles.
- Add the egg on top of the chilaquiles and top with salsa, guacamole and/or sour cream as to your taste and preference!
We really enjoyed the meal, and hope you will too! And that’s not it. There are 30+ other bloggers who came up with fantastic recipes of their own! Check out the linky below, visit some other sites, and take notes on all the great meals you can make with Wholly Guacamole!
Wholly Salsa Products were received in order to facilitate this review and giveaway, but all opinions are 100% my own.