Hello friends and welcome to the second installation of the Food Fun Hop, an event hosted by Shy Babies & Little Inspiration and Sponsored by NatureBox! Today we’re sharing how to make delicious Lemon Pistachio Cupcakes!
NatureBox is a unique company that focuses on sourcing delicious, healthy snacks for consumers and sends them to you monthly. To test out and review, we were each sent a box of NatureBox snacks! Our box included: Lemon Pucker Pistachios, Southern BBQ Sunflower Kernels, Garden Tomato Crunchies, Sunny Trails and Zesta Fiesta Mix. We’re big fans of trail mix in this house, so everything was a hit! The snacks were fresh and tasty, and it’s always so great to know when you’re feeding your family foods that have no high fructose corn syrup, no partially hydrogenated oils, no trans fats, and no artificial sweetners, flavors or colors. If you’re looking for a simple and convenient way to start introducing healthier snacks to your family on a consistent basis, I definitely recommend NatureBox.
I had to pry the package of Lemon Pucker Pistachios from my husband so that I could whip up a yummy Lemon Pistachio Cupcakes recipe for all of you! They turned out fantastic! And here it is…
|Lemon Pistachio Cupcakes|| || |
- 1 package NatureBox Lemon Pucker Pistachios
- 1 box of white cake mix
- 2 (3.4 ounce) packages instant pistachio pudding
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1¼ cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place cupcake liners in cupcake pan.
- Grind Lemon Pucker Pistachios in a food processor or blender.
- Combine cake mix and its ingredients according to package directions.
- Add in pudding mix and combine well. Gently stir in ground pistachio nuts into batter.
- Fill cupcake liners about ⅔rd full with cupcake batter.
- Bake for approximately 18 minutes or until cupcakes are done.
- Let cupcakes cool completely.
- In a small bowl add cream and white sugar and beat until soft peaks form.
- Add remaining package of pistachio pudding and mix until incorporated.
- Frost cupcakes with pistachio cream mixture and store in the refrigerator until serving.
And here’s how ours turned out! I can still hear my kids asking for more…
Don’t these Lemon Pistachio Cupcakes look mouth watering? They really are. And you can use any pistachios, but I really do like the hint of lemon that the NatureBox Lemon Pucker Pistachios contributed. Let me know if you give them a try – tell me what you think!
Nature Box was received in order to facilitate this review and giveaway, but all opinions are 100% my own.