Hello and welcome to the second installment of Late Night Snack! If you missed my Pink Lemonade Cupcakes last month, go check them out! If you know the Night Owls, you know that we love our coffee! And being that coffee is so near and dear to us, I decided to use our vice of choice to make this month’s sweet treat: Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Cupcakes! I know, it’s a mouthful, but trust me they’re worth saying AND making! A huge thanks to our fellow Night Owl Jessica of Flecky Photography for taking the pictures. And here’s all you need to make your very own. Enjoy!
|Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Cupcakes||
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1 can vanilla frosting
- ½ cup Jif Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut spread
- 1 packet instant coffee
- Make the cake mix according to the directions on the box, except for the oil (mine called for eggs and water) then add the ½ cup of the Jif.
- Put the cupcakes in the oven per the package directions and remove to cool.
- While the cupcakes are baking, it’s time to flavor the frosting! Add the instant coffee to the vanilla frosting and mix thoroughly.
- Frost cooled cupcakes with the mocha frosting.