Hello and welcome to the third installment of Late Night Snack! If you missed my first two Late Night Snack posts, for Pink Lemonade Cupcakes and Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Cupcakes, then go check them out NOW!
Well, it’s October, which means it’s time for all those great fall things…long sleeves and boots, changing of the leafs and cool weather. Who am I kidding, we live in the desert but it is Halloween time which means trick or treating and LOTS of candy! So let’s put that candy to good use. Oh, and a huge thanks to our fellow Night Owl Jessica of Flecky Photography for taking the pictures.
Want to finish these yummy cupcakes off with with the ADORABLE Halloween toppers you see? Just head on over to Just Us Three Design to print them for free!
|Halloween Candy Cupcakes||
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (oil, egg, water as the mix calls for)
- 2 king sized candy bars of choice (or lots of small fun sized ones from trick or treating)
- 1 container of vanilla frosting
- ⅓ cup of peanut butter
- Chop candy into small pieces, set aside ⅓ to sprinkle on top.
- Make chocolate cake according to package directions.
- Stir in chopped candy.
- Pour into cupcake liners and bake according to package directions.
- While cupcakes are baking, mix peanut butter into the vanilla frosting.
- Once cupcakes are cooled, frost with peanut butter/vanilla frosting and sprinkle with candy.