Hi friends! Are you buying or making your gifts this holiday season – or a little of both like I am? Today I’m sharing with you one of the DIY Christmas gifts I made for my boys and shared on Cherished Bliss earlier this year: an Easy No-Sew Felt Racetrack!
Now as you may know, I have two small boys, and right now cars rule their world! And ours. And I’ve seen similar ideas on Pinterest (I don’t have a specific pin or source), but a while back I purchased the supplies needed to make our own felt racetrack for the boys to play with.
What you’ll need:
- Large piece of felt for the base
- Several black felt squares
- One yellow felt square
- Glue gun
- Fabric glue
And the steps:
- Simply mark a line down the middle of each black felt square (with chalk) and cut along those lines.
- Line up two “road pieces” and draw a rounded corner with chalk and cut to make four pieces for the corners of the racetrack
- Lay out all of the straight road pieces with the four rounded corners on the large piece of felt
- Once the track is laid out the way you want it to be, glue each piece down with the hot glue gun and fabric glue
- Cut the yellow felt square into long, skinny rectangles to create the lane dividers
- Simply arrange and glue those pieces down as well
- And you’re done!
It was an easy, no-sew project that I KNOW my boys will love! And best of all, I can just roll it up and stick it in the closet once they’re done. I can’t wait to give it to them on Christmas! What gifts are you looking to make this year?