Knock-Off Pottery Barn Birch Candles

DIY Birch Candles - learn to create your own faux birch candles in just minutes at anightowlblog.com | #potterybarn #knockoff #birch #candles

Hi friends! Have you seen the fabulous birch candles that are being sold by fabulous stores such as Pottery Barn and World Market lately? I’m in love with them. Well today I’m sharing a quick and easy tutorial on how you can make your very own Knock-Off Pottery Barn Birch Candles with LED pillars from the Dollar Tree!

To get us started, here is my inspiration from Pottery Barn:

Pottery Barn Painted Birch Candles

What you’ll need:

• Dollar Tree LED pillar candles
  • Birch or Wood patterned scrapbook paper
  • Mod Podge and application tool
  • Twine

And the steps:

• Cut the wood patterned scrapbook paper to the heighth of the LED pillar candle
  • Apply Modge Podge to the back of the paper
  • Wrap the paper around the LED pillar candle
  • Apply a layer of Mod Podge to the outside of the seam for extra durability
  • Tie a length of twine around the candle, and you’re done!

And here is how they turned out…

Aren’t they super cute? I’m so happy with how my own version of the birch candles turned out, I’m heading back to the Dollar Tree to pick up more LEDs! And how cute would these be as a gift? I don’t know anyone who wouldn’t love to have a set. A perfect DIY for your holiday gifts or to spruce up your household this season.

linked up herecreate & inspiretatertots & jellothe 36th avenuetip junkiei {heart} naptimefrugal girlshome stories a to zsavvy southern style

Comments

1. says

Such a fantastic idea Kimberly, and they look so real! I also love the flameless part, as my four year old constantly tries to blow out any lit candles. She scares me a little. So glad you shared. I’m heading to the Dollar Store tomorrow!
    Trinity recently posted..So What Wednesday UpdateMy Profile

2. Mary Beth Elderton says

Brilliant! This is one of those fabulous gifts for “the one who has everything.” I have a couple of those on my list.

3. JaneEllen says

I’m always looking for affordable, quick and easy projects and your birch candles really meet those specs. Now if $tree just cooperates by having the led candles. I read about so many great items bloggers buy from $tree but when I go to ours (2 of them in Grand Junction, CO) I very seldom find all the great bargains bloggers talk about. These candles can be used for a long time with the birch like paper on them. So glad you shared this project and I’m a new subscriber. Happy weekend

4. Marty Ann says

Thank-you so much!! I had just decided to make a center piece for my table out of a wreath and some deer antlers, and I wanted to put birch candles in the middle. But didn’t really want to buy them (costly) I thought of getting the sheets of birch and wrapping candles with them. I found LED candles at a store for 9.99 and thought about those too. But this is soooo much better and cheaper!!! You’re a life saver.

5. Beth says

I tried this and it turned out so cute. Super easy. Thanks for the great idea. I posted to pinterest for others to share and do!

6. Val Adam says

Hi Kimberly,
    I did this too, and it turned out just like your picture, so I didn’t take a pic of mine, because I’m not a very good photographer –LOL!
    Anyway, that never happens to me –something turning out just like it’s ‘sposed to, so thank you so much for that!!!! This is way cool and way elegant and way cheap!

7. says

These turned out great. I love the birch look candles too and have been trying to decide how I could make some similar candles. The scrapbook paper looks perfect, I am off to search my scrapbook paper stash in the hope I can make something similar. I still may go out and find myself a piece of wood and get the drill out to insert a tea candle into a piece of birch too.
    Ruth recently posted..Top Christmas Candle ScentsMy Profile

8. Debi says

Another fairly cheap option for these beautiful candles are to actually use sheets of birch, they are sold on save-on-crafts.com you can get 3 sheets of birch 15inches x 6.75 inches for only 6.99!

Trackbacks

1. […] birch pillar candles that are being sold by stores such as Pottery Barn and World Market lately. Kimberly at A Night Owl Blog certainly has and absolutely adores them! With some LED pillars from the dollar store and scrapbook […]

2. […] You might see a couple of familiar items in this mantel! First, I drew inspiration from our beautiful Free “Give Thanks” Printable. I love the color of the kraft paper and the simpleness of the white banners. I also added in our new DIY Knock-Off Pottery Barn Birch Candles. […]