Hi everyone, it’s Jen, A Night Owl Contributor and resident cupcake baker! Did you know you can also keep up with the going-ons of my crazy little life at Life According to the Streets? Anyhow, sorry I missed you all last month but I’m back to share with you this months reci-tweak!
Is it just me or are the men in our lives hard to buy for? I have the hardest time figuring out what to do/make for my husband…especially for Valentines Day! So I decided to dedicate this cupcake post to the men in our lives! I think it’s a scientific fact that all men love bacon! At least every man I know does. So I thought with all the bacon infused treats out there lately that I would give in to the fad and give it a try as well!
|Dark Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes||
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- Ingredients according to package directions
- 4-6 thick slices of bacon, crumbled
- Vanilla frosting
- Pecans, chopped (optional)
- Mix cake mix according to package directions (or with beer instead of water)
- Add ¾ of the crumbled bacon
- Cook according to package
- Once cooled, add frosting and sprinkle the remaining bacon and chopped pecans
Another fun twist that we enjoyed was using stout beer in place of the water. The alcohol cooks out and I felt like it made the cake such a nice texture. Well I hope you give this tasty recipe a try! The man in your life will surely appreciate you making him this salty/sweet treat!