Hi friends! Today I’m sharing with you the most delicious recipe for caramel corn, WITHOUT any corn syrup – Honey Caramel Corn! This recipe is straight from Grandma’s Kitchen, that is, from my mom! Our oldest is really sensitive to processed sugars so she came up with this awesome recipe so that he could still enjoy Grandma’s sweet snacks. How sweet is that? She made it for Little Man’s birthday party and it was a HIT! And because I know there are so many out there that might be in the same boat, we definitely wanted to share this tasty recipe!
|Honey Caramel Corn|| |
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- ½ cup honey (local honey is my preference)
- 3 Tbsp. oil or butter
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Pour popped popcorn into a large casserole dish .
- Heat the honey, oil & salt in a saucepan until bubbly.
- Keep at a low boil, whisking occasionally, for 4-5 minutes, until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Add the baking soda, whisk and pour over the popcorn.
- Mix until popcorn is well coated. (This is very hot so use caution).
- Bake for 1 hour at 275 degrees, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Pour into a large container & allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container.
- Optional: Add nuts to the popcorn before topping with the caramel.
Now doesn’t that just look and sound delicious? Let me tell you – it is! So make some today for your kiddos with a little less guilt and maybe a little less sugary side effects!