Hi friends – Kendall here from Songbirds & Buttons, a new Mommy Contributor at A Night Owl! Today I’m sharing a fun and easy kids craft idea – an Owl Painting Activity! In our house, we love to paint. It doesn’t even matter what it is. Just getting out our tub of multicolored goodies (paint) and being able to play around with the different brushes is a celebration all in itself for us.
What you’ll need:
- Ceramic Animal – We got our owl from Michaels. They also had small birds, dogs, and other ceramics to paint. The owl was under $5!
- Paint – Any kind will do – use what you have in your craft closet.
- Paint brushes, sponges, or just your fingers – whatever works for you
- A large sheet to lay down before painting. Believe me, this will be a lifesaver for you!
And the steps:
- Paint the ceramic figure a solid color – I used a light blue paint that we had left over from a previous project.
- Get out your paints + supplies and let your little one have fun and be creative
- Oh, and don’t forget the most important part – when you’re done – make sure to take a nice big bubble bath to clean up!
- Momma tip: Assist when you need to – but don’t try to do things for them. I held the owl for Wyatt to paint when he was having trouble reaching the spots that he wanted. If you try to do things for them, they will lose interest.
So what do you think? It’s so cute and special, because our little one made it. And it was a great activity for us to work on together. What kind of crafts do you like to do with your little ones?