I don’t know about you, but I love me some appetizers! In cute cups. Wonton cups. Filled with Chunky Chicken Salad.
Okay, so, I didn’t always put my famous chicken salad in wonton cups, but now I have and I love it even more. Yes, it’s famous. It doesn’t matter if it’s only famous in my corner of the world – to me it is famous. These cups might make it famouser. I know what you’re saying, I can hear you – That’s not a worrrrrrd! … Oh… well… now it is!
Soooo, what do you do with leftover chicken?
I throw it on top of a pizza, sometimes I add it to a taco shell, or I mix it in this salad together with marinated mushrooms, pickles, and sour cream. YEP! Don’t knock it ’til you try it! You will be eating up your fingers – it’s that good!
In fact, when I go to a BBQ, this is the salad that I am asked to bring 90% of the time. The other 10% is reserved for dessert. But, I bring dessert wherever I go – can’t have me a partaaaaay without somethin’ sweet, ya know.
And since the weather decided to go from 45 to 90 in less than 42.5 hours, I think you need to go to a BBQ and bring this salad with you.
Imma tell you one thing – you can put as much or as little as you want into that salad. I never measure. As I said, I just throw in the ingredients, mix in the sour cream, and fill up the wonton cups.
|Chunky Chicken Salad Cups|| |
- For the Wonton Cups
- 12 Wonton Cups
- baking spray
- For the Chicken Salad
- 2 cups shredded, cooked chicken breast, cooled
- 1 cup chopped marinated mushrooms (canned mushrooms work just as well)
- 1 cup chopped baby dill pickles
- 1 tub (8 oz.) sour cream (I prefer to use Daisy Sour Cream for this recipe)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup cupcake tin with baking spray.
- Place wonton wrappers in the bottom of the pan.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or until crisp and slightly brown.
- Prepare the chicken salad by combining all ingredients in a medium-size mixing bowl; mix well.
- Fill baked wonton cups with chicken salad.
Like this recipe? Check out others by Kate: