Hi friends! I’m bringing you a late-night post for something so very important – the Spiked! American Craft Beer Recipe Challenge, hosted by Frugal Foodie Mama and This Gal Cooks! It’s a fun challenge these gals put on every couple of months, specifying a fun alcoholic beverage to cook with. And this time around is Craft Beer – and I thought it sounded like fun! So let’s get to our entry – this amazing Craft Beer Cheese Fondue Recipe!
Now my friend Erin is well acquainted with craft beer – her husband and friends even brew their own! So I called upon her knowledge and expertise as to what we should make. She snagged a recipe and ingredients and came over this past weekend for a fun Beer n’ Brunch! Disclosure – a few beers were lost during the creation of this recipe. We went with the a New Belgium Summer Seasonal Ale – yum!
|Craft Beer Cheese Fondue|| || |
- ½ clove garlic
- 1 cup chosen craft beer (we used New Belgium Summer Seasonal Ale)
- 8 ounces shredded gouda
- 8 ounces sharp shredded cheddar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Dash ground pepper
- Dash nutmeg
- Bite sized pieces of baguette, green apple, veggies and/or sausage
- Rub the bottom and sides of fondue pot with garlic clove.
- Add the craft beer and heat until steam begins to rise from the beer.
- In a small bowl, toss together the cheese with the cornstarch.
- Reduce heat to medium low, then gradually add cheese to the beer.
- Stir continuously until the mixture is melted and smooth.
- Season with black pepper and nutmeg.
- Serve fondue immediately, with bite sized baguette, green apple, veggies and/or sausage.
This craft beer cheese fondue recipes is so very tasty! We dipped pieces of baguette, green apple (so yum!), potato, sausage, broccoli, cauliflower and asparagus. I think the baguette (I love my bread), apple and asparagus were my favorite. So very easy but oh – so tasty! You NEED to give this a try!
So at your next party or Beer n’ Brunch, whip out your fondue pot and give this craft beer cheese fondue recipe a try!