Yes, you want this Chocolate Cinnamon Cheesecake Cupcake Recipe. Delicious chocolate cupcakes filled and topped with a to-die-for cinnamon cheesecake frosting!
Oh my, look at that! Another cheesecake-something! HA! How did that get there?!
In case you have not noticed, I have a thing for cheesecakes. Banana Cheesecake Chimichanga, Pretzel Peanut Butter Cheesecake, Oreo Cheesecake Pops… And that’s just the beginning. I think I’m just infatuated with the creaminess of the actual cheesecake mixture. I’m not a cake girl. Well, I am, but there better be a ton of creamy something on top of it, in it, and on the sides… it’s the only way I’ll take a cake. On my blog I think I have a total of 2 cupcake recipes and maybe 3 cake recipes. But cheesecake recipes?! They are on every page!
I also love the Chocolate and Cinnamon combo! Remember the Chocolate Cinnamon Rolls?! NOM NOM NOM!
It’s because of those rolls that I came up with this Chocolate Cinnamon Cheesecake Cupcake recipe. I just had to work the flavor combination into one more thing!
Aren’t these cupcakes amazing?! Oh my gosh, I wanted to eat all of ‘em! Not sure where I get this self control from, but THANK THE LAWWWWD I have it because, lemme tell ya, a crane would not be able to lift me if I didn’t have self control. Darn food… why does it gotta make you gain weight and all… it’s SO GOOD! Not fair! (I’m seriously pouting) GAH!
Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I am convinced that these cupcakes are seriously the best. It’s the frosting. It’s freakin’ ahhhhh-mazin’. And the chocolate cupcake is damn good, too! It’s chocolate. Of course it’s good!
If you are not ready to say no to the third cupcake, next time half the recipe and make 6 or 7 cupcakes so that you don’t attack all 12. That’s what I do. That’s my secret.
|Chocolate Cinnamon Cheesecake Cupcake Recipe||
- For the Cupcakes:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 sticks (12 tablespoons) butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½-cup plain yogurt
- For the Frosting:
- 1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line a 12-cup cupcake tin with paper liners; set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In your mixer’s bowl cream together butter and sugar until smooth and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well before adding the next.
- Add vanilla and continue to beat until thoroughly combined.
- Set your mixer on the lowest setting and add flour mixture in batches, alternating with yogurt and beginning and ending with flour.
- Pour batter into prepared cups, filling each ¾ full.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 5 minutes; transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the frosting:
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- With mixer on low, add powdered sugar and cinnamon; continue beating until mixture is smooth.
- Add vanilla, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- When the cupcakes are cool, take an apple corer, set it in the center of the cupcake and gently twist into the cupcake, about ½-way through and take it out. You can also use a knife to carefully cut it out.
- Attach the star tip to your pastry bag.
- Fill the pastry bag with prepared frosting.
- Insert the tip of the pastry bag inside the hole that you previously emptied and fill it.
- Continue to frost the top of the cupcakes and decorate with mini chocolate chips.