Hi friends! Today I’m excited to not only bring you one delicious Grasshopper Pie Pizookie recipe today, but since it’s the 12th again, it’s time for 12 Bloggers – 12 Months – 12 Ingredients (or less)! Remember, each month this year on the 12th, 11 of my bloggy friends and I will bring you a delicious and easy recipe, with a theme! You can follow along here and on our Pinterest Board! So far we’ve covered 12 Quick and Easy Healthy Meals and 12 Valentine’s Day Treats – and the theme this month is 12 St. Patrick’s Day Treats! Now remember – these are EASY recipes – so you can whip up these babies in PLENTY of time for Monday festivities!
As I said before, my contribution this month is a yummy Grasshopper Pie Pizookie recipe! Have you heard of grasshopper pie? It’s basically Oreo crust filled with mint chocolate chip ice cream. SO YUM! And the green of the ice cream is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day (or really any day of the year). I wanted to come up with a take on the grasshopper pie and I came up with the thought of making it into a pizookie. A pizookie (if you don’t know) is basically a big skillet cookie or “pizza cookie”! They are so very tasty and a family favorite, you can see our popular Easy Peasy Pizookie here! So I created a homemade oreo skillet cookie (um, yum?!) and topped it with mint chocolate chip ice cream and it turned out so good! Seriously yummy, take a look – print it out – or pin for later!
Grasshopper Pie Pizookie
|Grasshopper Pie Pizookie|| |
- For the cookie:
- 1⅓ cups Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the topping:
- 1 large scoop mint chocolate chip ice cream
- Sift together the cocoa powder, flour and salt in a large bowl.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla, incorporating each ingredient before adding the next.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix just until incorporated, scraping the bottom of the bowl with a rubber spatula.
- Divide the dough into 4 parts, filling your skillet or oven-safe bowl with one part of the dough.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, or until cookie doneness is achieved.
- Serve warm, with a large scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream on top!
And the result of that amazing recipe – a DELICIOUS Grasshopper Pie Pizookie!
So that’s my contribution this month, I hope you love it! But remember there are 12 total St. Patrick’s Day Treats! So be sure to check out the other amazing recipes from these amazing ladies!
12 St. Patrick’s Day Treats
- Leprechaun Coolers by Around My Family Table
- Minty Oreo Leprechaun Bark by Million Moments
- Grasshopper Pie Pizookie by A Night Owl Blog
- Pistachio Gelato by Bless this Mess Please
- Coconut Lime Bars by Eat Your Heart Out
- Mint Chocolate Pudding Parfait by See Vanessa Craft
- Lime Basil Ice Cream Sandwiches by BetsyLife
- Mint Tea Marshmallows by Home Cooking Memories
- Baileys Irish Cream Chocolate Truffles by A Little Clairification
- Saint Patrick’s Day Dipped Strawberries by The Rebel Chick
- Irish Cream Mint Shake by Plugged In Family
- Irish Flag Trifle by Mom Endeavors
Now there are a whole lot of easy and adorable St. Patrick’s Day treats! Be sure to let me know if you make our Grasshopper Pie Pizookie - and tell us what you think! And be sure to check back next month on the 12th for our next theme and collection of recipes!
Like this recipe? Then you’ll love our Easy Peasy Pizookie recipe!