Hi friends! Yesterday I shared the most amazing party collaboration with the Party Hop – the Autumn Market. My contribution to this par-tay were these adorable DIY Cork Cupcake Flags. I’m in love with everything cork these days! It started with these DIY Cork Floral Vases, and since then I’ve been using my favorite cork ribbon on everything! These flags are easy to make but are just so fun, aren’t they? Let’s go through the steps…
What you’ll need:
- RAW Brute Natural Cork Ribbon
- Bamboo skewers
- Acrylic paint
- Paint brush
- Washi tape
And the steps:
- Cut your bamboo skewer to desired height of your cupcake flag.
- Cut lengths of cork ribbon to desired size of your cupcake flag.
- Lay the cork ribbon front side down and add glue, fold in half, securing the bamboo skewer in the center of the flag.
- Once the glue is dry, cut out a triangle from the end of the cork ribbon, fashioning a little flag.
- Tape down the side close to the skewer with washi tape and using acrylic paint in your desired color, paint the end of the cupcake flag in coordinating party colors.
One the paint is dry, voila! You have perfectly adorable DIY Cork Cupcake Flags!
What’s nice about these flags is not only are they fun and easy – they are versatile. No matter your theme, just snag some coordinating party paints and get to work! I love how Sara used them in the Autumn Market…
Now these DIY Cork Cupcake Flags were MY contributions, but there is SO MUCH FUN still to be had! Make sure you “party” hop around to get the how-to on these adorable projects!
DIY Market Stamps by Confetti Sunshine
DIY Bean Bag Toss by The Elephant of Surprise