Hi friends! Can you believe that Summer is coming to an end? It just flew by…much like the rest of this year, right? And now we’re heading into Fall and it’s time to switch out all the bright cheery colors of the Summer months and bring in the warm and rich colors of Autumn. And the easiest way to kick that off? The wreath. So today I’ve teamed up with some dear blog friends to bring you a BUNCH of Fall wreaths to bring you inspiration – the Fall Wreath Blog Hop! And my contribution today is an Easy Fall Hydrangea Wreath. You’ll be shocked at just how easy it is, so be sure to stick around to the end. Here’s what is in store for today…
Chevron and Posie Fall Wreath via Nest of Posies
Fall Hedgehog Wreath via Bombshell Bling
Fall Bittersweet Wreath via The Lily Pad Cottage
Fall Burlap and Plaid Wreath via A Glimpse Inside
Easy Fall Hydrangea Wreath via A Night Owl Blog
Burlap Flower Cone via Sweet C’s Designs
What you’ll need:
- Floral craft ring
- Hydrangea stems (numbering the number of holes in your floral craft ring)
- Wire cutters
- Burlap ribbon
- Drill (as needed)
And the steps:
- Snip your hydrangea stems off about an inch and a half below the flower using your wire cutters.
- Then take a look at the stem width compared to your floral craft ring. For our ring the holes were not quite large enough for the stems to feed through, so we simply took a drill with a bit matching the width of the hydrangea stem to widen the holes a bit. Easy peasy.
- Then feed your hydragea stems through the holes in the floral and bend down to hold in place.
- Repeat this steps to fill every hole in the floral craft ring with hydrangea stems, alternating colors if using more than one!
Then loop that ring of hydrangea goodness with a large burlap ribbon and you’re all set! A truly Easy Fall Hydrangea Wreath.
This wreath literally took minutes to create. No glue, no hours of wrapping – my kind of wreath! And I think it looks just as nice as so many crazy expensive hydrangea wreaths you can find out there. And trust me, this is one you can recreate too! With the flatness of the floral craft ring in the back, the wreath lays against the door just perfectly too.