I am a member of the World Market Trendsetter Tribe. I was compensated for the recipe and post, but all my opinions are my own.
Hi friends! Father’s Day is right around the corner so it’s time to start planning the menu, right? Well today I’m sharing with you a delicious *Father-Approved* Father’s Day Italian feast with gourmet food items we picked up from Cost Plus World Market! Last weekend I took my husband shopping at World Market for Father’s Day and to get an idea of what kind of meal he would want for his special day. What cracks me up is that he whined at first (shopping?!), but as soon as he saw all the awesome products World Market has to offer, he was singing a different tune.
We headed into the gourmet food section of World Market – have you been? There is just so much to offer! After my husband had grabbed every bowl of Vietnamese Pho that the store had, we finally got to talking dinner. After looking at everything, here are the items we picked up…
And what did I make with those products? Well from the photo above you may have guessed: Meatloaf Meatballs and Pasta and a Meatball and Red Pepper Bruschetta appetizer. And let me tell you…yuuuummy! It was so tasty. My husband is a huge fan of meatloaf but honestly I have always been scared to give it a try. But just by adding the meatloaf seasoning to a pound of beef was instant goodness. So, are you ready for the recipe? Here ya go!
|Meatloaf Meatballs and Pasta||
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package Maggi Meatloaf Seasoning
- 1 jar World Market Tomato Basil Sauce
- ½ package Grand Mere Egg Nest Pasta
- Vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together meatloaf seasoning, ½ cup water and ground beef.
- Form meatball rounds from ground beef mixture and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan and place meatballs in the pan, turning occasionally to simply sear the meat around the outside.
- Place seared meatballs on a tray and bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- While meatballs are cooking, cook pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat up tomato basil pasta sauce as well.
- Once meatballs are cooked, plate pasta, meatballs and cover with pasta sauce.
|Meatball and Red Pepper Bruschetta||
- Sliced baguette bread
- World Market Cucina & Amore Piquillo Pepper Bruschetta sauce
- Garlic clove, cut and peeled
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bruch baguette slices with EVOO on both sides.
- Place in a hot pan or broil until both sides are toasted.
- Rub one side of the baguette slice with a garlic clove.
- Top with red pepper bruschetta sauce and half a meatball (or whole if you made them smaller – see meatball recipe above).
Delicioso! And for someone who was scared of meatloaf before, I think the meatballs turned out quite tasty! I definitely preferred the taste of the meatloaf meatballs over just plain ground beef.
And I made my husband happy – what is better than that? I know I’ve done a good job when he’s telling me how good it is as we’re eating, you know, rather than when I have to ask 100 times during the meal, “is it ok?” Haha. So be certain that this was one of those “winning” moments in the kitchen.
I’ve always loved shopping at World Market – and now I’ve won my husband over too! For me, it’s the gourmet food, housewares, kitchen supplies, and jewelry! But there is plenty for the men in your life too, including great Father’s Day gifts! From BBQ & Grilling, Outdoor Furniture & Decor, to a wide variety of products for your Home Bar, they’ve got your man covered! In fact, I have a Father’s Day gift idea from World Market that I’ll be sharing SOON! And you know World Market is taking it one step further this holiday season with Dad’s Day Sweeps!
From now through June 7th, if you’re a World Market Facebook fan, you can enter for a chance to win a $1,000 World Market gift card for you and dad! Now who wouldn’t love that? You can earn bonus entries for liking our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram & Tumblr. So head over and enter the Dad’s Day Sweeps today!
Happy Father’s Day!